Welcome to our office. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you. To serve you better, the following office policies are included in our downloadable new patient packet and should be initialed and signed prior to treatment. Click here to download the Notice of Privacy Practices.
- PAYMENTS. All applicable fees, deductibles, coinsurance or co-pays must be paid at the time of your appointment. We accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard or Discover. There will be a $25.00 charge for all returned checks. Patients who present checks that are dishonored may be required to pay future amounts with cash or credit card. A $25.00 fee or separate office visit will be required for administrative forms or letters including but not limited to disability/FMLA forms or paperwork for patient assistance programs (including requests for motorized scooters or wheelchairs).
- HMO & PPO REFFERRALS. If your policy requires written authorization from your Primary Care Physician, we will request authorization prior to your scheduled appointment. It is your responsibility to ensure that your visit is pre-approved so that your insurance company will pay for your visit. If your visit is not pre-approved you will be responsible for the payment in full.
- CANCELLATIONS. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. Patients who have more than two late cancellations or missed appointments will be charged a $25 fee for each additional late cancellation or missed appointment.
- MEDICATION REFILL REQUEST. We will only approve a medication refill request after business hours or on weekends if it is an emergency, and there will be a charge for this service. Please ask Dr. Clinton to write your prescriptions at the time of your visit or make refill requests during business hours.
- NARCOTIC PRESCRIPTIONS. Dr. Clinton does not routinely prescribe narcotics. If you are accustomed to taking moderate to high doses of narcotic medications, then a referral to pain management will be indicated if the prescription is not already being filled by another provider.
- LAB RESULTS. We ask that you not call the office to check on lab results unless either specifically instructed to by Dr. Clinton or if your need for follow up is based on these results. Otherwise, we will call you to report abnormal results.
- OFFICE COURTESY. Childcare is not provided. We ask that you do not leave children unattended in the clinic. Please